20 Apr Fun and Budget-Friendly Summer Activities For Kids
Now that we are slowly coming out of lockdown following the COVID-19 pandemic, there are so many kids who are looking to finally let loose and have some fun. There is no denying that summer 2021 is about to bring a lot of change for little ones after the rough year everyone has had and we know that many kids are ready to have plenty of fun. We are here to help make sure that fun stays on budget. Here are a few budget-friendly summer activities for kids to add to your list of activities for this summer.
- Go for a nature walk. Find a new place to walk and explore and create a list of natural items for your kids to find on their walk. This can be a mushroom, certain shaped twigs, certain leaves, types of rocks and more.
- Set up an obstacle course in your backyard using toys, boxes and other items that you have at home. This is a great way to encourage kids to exercise and experience some healthy competition.
- Make a racetrack in your yard using painters tape. Kids can use this racetrack to run, race trikes or even have their robotic toys race around in circles.
- Visit your local zoo or take a day trip to the local zoo of a nearby city. Many zoos are now opening back up and have special rates during the day or for kids under a certain age. Make sure to plan ahead and bring your own snacks (if you can) to save even more money.
- Get some kites and go out and teach your kids to fly a kite if they don’t already know how. If it is a nice and breezy day, you can also try to make your own paper airplanes and fly them as well.
- Make your own fruity popsicles at home. These are not only delicious, but healthy. Once they are done, they are a great treat for a hot summer day!
We love that these activities are not only easy on the budget and will help you stay focused on your savings goals, but that these activities are also fun ways to encourage your kids to get out and enjoy the great outdoors as well.
Having fun this summer doesn’t have to break the bank. If you are looking for a way to help your kids have tons of fun this summer while you stay on budget, then keep these summer activities in mind. Here at Faithful Finance, we know how easily summer activities for kids can end up breaking the budget, so we are always looking for ways to help you keep your finances in check when summer rolls around.